Thursday, August 27, 2009

Finally Landed

So, we've dug ourselves out of moving boxes sufficiently enough to allow for little luxuries like updating my blog. We've been here 2 and a half weeks now and my emotions are a bit more balanced. Leaving Belleville was hard for me and apparently for our daughter Emma too.
I'm realizing how important it is to live in the moment you're in, if you don't, you'll miss the beauty it has to offer. Not living in the present means you're living in an alternate reality (in the past or in the future), one that is a product of a mind colored by emotion. Memories and future planning are what makes life rich, but don't LIVE there.
Two "mantras" I like: "I don't want what I haven't got" (The Cranberries) and "for I have learned how to be content (satisfied to the point where I am not disturbed or disquieted) in whatever state I am" (the apostle Paul). It is a battle oftentimes to achieve and maintain such a state, learning to surrender and trust God's guidance is a key to doing this successfully. So here I find myself with a new opportunity to discover of what substance I am made. Hm.

1 comment: