Tuesday, June 9, 2009

Yellowknife Community Garden

So I've been thinking about how cool (no pun intended) it would be to learn how to garden north of sixty and found this site for Yellowknife Community Garden.  You apply for a plot of ground, attend workshops, learn about organic and sustainable gardening, donate some of what you grow to the community food banks, and make friends in the process.  I noticed that there was a post on June 5th announcing that they now have the water turned on to the gardens... June 5th!  Ah, but 23 hours of sunlight a day does wonders... :0)  I applied for membership even though I will arrive too late for this year's growing season to have my own plot; I'm sure they won't turn down an extra pair of hands!  I hope to get a plot assigned for the 2010 growing season.


Check out their site using the address below the YKCG logo.


YCGClogo.jpg

groups.google.com/group/ykgarden

1 comment:

  1. Not sure why the logo didn't show up, it did in my preview!

    ReplyDelete